Friday, February 25, 2011

Cagayan de Oro to Dumaguete

Since childhood, the trip to Negros has always been a major excursion activity with my family from Cagayan de Oro. My mother was raced in Sibulan, a town near Dumaguete. And Dumaguete is the most progressive city in Negros Oriental. Recently, I've learned to love this city more, especially its beautiful nearby towns like Valencia and Bacong.




Going from Cagayan de Oro to Dumaguete and vice versa is, however, a not so convenient trip. Cebu Ferries only serves this connection once a week: on Saturday to Dumaguete and on Sunday to Cagayan de Oro. If I had to travel during the week, then I will have to go via Cebu or Dapitan, in which trips are more frequent.
The trip going to Dumaguete from Cagayan de Oro via Cebu usually involves 6 legs:

(1) from point of origin to CDO port in Macabalan;

(2) from CDO port to Cebu port arriving at Pier 4, which takes about 10 hours served by Superferry and Trans-Asia, with ferries leaving at 8:00pm from CDO;

(3) from Cebu port to Cebu City bus terminal by taxi, which takes about 15 minutes;

(4) from Cebu City bus terminal to Santander fastcraft terminal, which takes about 3.5 hours with buses leaving at an hourly interval;

(5) from Santander fastcraft terminal to Sibulan fastcraft terminal, which takes about 15 minutes with fastcrafts leaving at an hourly interval; and

(6) from Sibulan fastcraft terminal to Dumaguete City, which takes about 10 minutes by multicab.

All the time durations involved would sum up to about 15 hours.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Riz said...

Thanks for sharing information on how to get to Dumaguete from Cagayan de Oro. I am planning to go there this May and it is really my first time. Glad to find your site. Cool! Riza @ www.cdokay.com

JP said...

I forgot to mention in this post the direct trips from CDO to DGTE. If you have time to wait for the direct trips, it will be more convenient. From CDO-DGTE, Cebu Ferries leaves every Saturday, 11:59pm, arriving in Dumaguete port on Sunday, 7:30am. From DGTE-CDO, it leaves Dumaguete port on Sunday, 10:30am, and arrives in CDO around 6:00pm on the same day.

johnn mark said...

How about the cost of the trip? How much is the ticket from CDO to DGTE? I'm planning to travel back to Iloilo via DGTE since it may be what fits my schedule.

JP said...

Hello, John Mark. Economy class from CDO to Dumaguete is 1,000 pesos. Tourist class is at 1,200 pesos.
I usually take the tourist class when I travel from CDO to Dumaguete since it will leave CDO at midnight and all I had to is sleep so I need a comfortable accommodation. From Dumaguete to CDO, which leaves at 10:30am, I just take the economy class since I didn't have to sleep during the day and just stay in their airconditioned cafeteria while doing something worthwhile.